A A A A Author Topic: Three Mountains Park - some news and impressions  (Read 25093 times)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Re: Three Mountains Park 1986: Forgotten Ship
Post #91     : November 22, 2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks again :)
Just a note from me, as you noticed I haven't done anything lately, but Three Mountains Park will be growing again, eventually.. when I have more time again :)

The project isn't dead, just asleep.

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #92     : February 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Hi people!
Just wanted to say that I am finally coming back to the project.
I needed a long break, and now I'm back with the necessary time and motivation.
The planning for the next - major - ride has just begun! (Let's hope my computer will be cooperative!)

Twisted

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #93     : February 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
This is a really great looking park!
The buildings are very nice done and the theming is beatiful
Great to know that you pick up the park again :D

Looking forward for your update :up:

Alxou

•  
  • :
  • Last night a DJ saved my life...
Post #94     : February 22, 2012, 05:49 AM
Shame on me! I just saw this park for the first time! It's really awsome!
I love the way you make your park map.  :drool:
Twisty Berline
Junior Coaster Mack Ride [CT from EP Team]

minecraftnoob888

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #95     : February 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
Nice park, you have some insane editing skills!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Three Mountains Park 1987: The Fate of the Stranded Strangers
Post #96     : March 01, 2012, 11:21 AM
Right, I'm back with a new update finally - thanks to the technical help of some fellows from SGW, otherwise this park would have died from crashing all the time, so again: a big thank you, guys!!!
I'm happy I got some more time and motivation for RCT3 now, so I really hope I can run this project into the present era. But for now, it's time for 1987!

----

Hello it's me again, Johan Steiner!
I was busy with other stuff in the past months but I finally found the park guide of 1987!!! For some reason it was missing in the box and I *knew* it had to be somewhere....

1987 saw the grand opening of *the* major darkride in the whole history of Three Mountains Park:
"The Fate of the Stranded Strangers". The ride is located at the southern end of the "Mystery Cove" area and replaces the old ghost castle.

Now I'll just post the scans of the updated pages of the park guide... and I also found a postcard of the completed Mystery Cove, maybe back with more - if I find more!

The cover 1987:

Mystery Cove pages:

.... and a postcard:

That's all for now, hope to be back with 1988 very soon ;)

minecraftnoob888

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Re: Three Mountains Park 1987: The Fate of the Stranded Strangers
Post #97     : March 01, 2012, 01:13 PM
Another good update!

gcii2011

•  
  • :
Post #98     : March 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
Still looking great, Elch! After such a long break, I was thrilled to see this again!

I like Forgotten Ship, but I personally would have went with the Buccaneer CFRs from Revolutionary Rides. I've never been fond of the in-game version. Nonetheless, you've done a terrific job with it and I eagerly await the next update :)

Streaming LIVE from RCT3: http://www.twitch.tv/gci2011

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #99     : March 01, 2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys :)
Happy you still like it! :)
I actually really like the in-game ship, it's one of the more characterfull rides in there.
It also fits Mystery Cove quite well...with the skull on it and the style and all, but I will keep the other in mind for a future park :)

TycoonDude

•  
  • :
Post #100     : March 01, 2012, 11:30 PM
wow it looks really awespme!  :up:

mb1.0.2

•  
  • :
  • Keepin' it Classy
Post #101     : March 02, 2012, 05:22 AM
It's nice to see this back.  For the pirate ship, have you considered using invisible paths and then using path covers?  The in-game base to the pirate ship looks a bit blah just sitting there on the water.  Round footers in the water to hold the supports for the ships would look much better.  Other than that, nice update.  I love your presentation.

djF

•  
  • :
Post #102     : March 02, 2012, 07:27 AM
Well ,  this is a very good theme park, I remember this from last months,  always nice updates!
The way you kind of  "advertise" the attractions and park with brochures, is very professional and well made, I like it!
Some suggestion, as mb1.0.2 said,  some custom path covers to make a path for the ship , leaving footers on water, would look better than ingame paths!
keep up!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #103     : March 02, 2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks guys :-) Also for the suggestions! Will definitely update the pirate ship, I myself also didn't like the rectangle platform on the water.

Twisted

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #104     : March 02, 2012, 09:24 AM
Great looking park you got here.
I like the way you have done your presentation, and the screen with the medieval part is really nice done.
Iam looking forward to your next update.

Keep up the great work!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #105     : March 02, 2012, 02:19 PM
Sorry for the support question here.. but which footers did you think of?
I tried the "Aged Footers" but none was fitting, none was at the right place of the ship-footers. hmm...
I might do an extra off-story post as Elch, and show some screenshots of the updated ship later - since this won't be in the brochure or a future postcard, but I'd still want to show you ;)

mb1.0.2

•  
  • :
  • Keepin' it Classy
Post #106     : March 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
You could just use Shy's planter set...use the 1/4 tile round walls and the corresponding terrain covers, then paint the terrain (under the water) whatever you want.  If those are too small, find something that works...kind of like "home made" footers.  I did the same thing on land for my Conifer Slopes:

I made "planters" out of them, but the idea is the same. :)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #107     : March 02, 2012, 03:39 PM
cool, thanks, will try this!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #108     : March 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
Right, writing this as Elch tonight:
Here are some *unedited* shots from the park. For once, these things won't appear in a future update any time soon, and second, maybe it's a nice break from all the designed brochures and stuff...

the updated "Forgotten Ship":

and with the completed "Mystery Cove" - with the Stranded Strangers building in the background and a just added "Harbour Café" to the left, above the octopus:

And while I'm at it, just before I had this on my screen (again, no editing), so I thought it might be worth to post an overview pic from an evening at Three Mountains in September 1987:

This much for now, more with the next regular update in a few days :)

TycoonDude

•  
  • :
Post #109     : March 03, 2012, 03:22 PM
This looks great!  :up: But i think you shuld download some custom trees and it would make it look so much better!  ;D

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Re: Three Mountains Park 1988: El Condor
Post #110     : March 05, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hey again it's Johan back at the computer!
I'm going to be away for a week soon, but before, I wanted to post my scans of the 1988 brochure.

MayaLand is growing:
Wirbelwind had to move once more (and it's still not gonna be the last time it's been moved!), to make place for "El Condor":

And I thought it's time again to post the full park "map" with the highlight attractions and themed areas:

No new postcards were produced this year, but should be coming with the next update.
Let me say this much, MayaLand grows once more and gets its new highlight ride in 1989. Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:06 PM by Elch »

Markus Lomberg

•  
  • :
  • Programmer of CTR_Creator; PEP-team member
Post #111     : March 06, 2012, 12:25 AM
I just discovered this thread. Your park looks awesome! :) I really like the good mix of ingame parts and custom contents. :up:

Keep up the passion to build this park and present it at SGW.

mb1.0.2

•  
  • :
  • Keepin' it Classy
Post #112     : March 06, 2012, 09:56 AM
Call me crazy, but I really enjoyed the "non edited" unbrochured update!  Nice job fixing the pirate ship, looks TONS better now.  I'm really glad this is back. :)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #113     : March 06, 2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks Markus and mb :)
I'm off to a small holiday now, hope to be back with updates next week :)

19learjetboy

•  
  • :
  • I will eat you.
Post #114     : March 06, 2012, 06:10 PM
Your brochures are so real. I would have to ask that you add more greenery and trees around Quetzal (I think it's called) unless it is the way it is because of lag issues. I was going to say that the ship in Mystery Cove (speaking of which, you should add more fencing to the paths in this area) but you made it beautiful. Very nice overall work. 5/5

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Re: Three Mountains Park 1989: Tikal
Post #115     : March 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
(Thanks! Will try to let the suggestions flow into my general overwork in the 1991 season, which is very soon)
-----

Hey this is Johan again! Going to do my update in two parts for this, as I have no time anymore to scan the brochure cover and the postcards of the completed MayaLand - but this will be done soon!

1989 saw "Tikal" coming to Three Mountains, a Shoot-the-chute winding through a tropical forest, leading through temples and finally dropping down from a huge pyramid into the lake.
"Wirbelwind" got moved once more and is more or less at its final location now - but let me say this much - it's the last year that it will belong to MayaLand.
The area between Tikal and Quetzal got a tent style roof for the shop and the steak house, entrance fee is now at 29 kr.

So for now, just the map update, the cover and some postcards will come later!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Re: Three Mountains Park 1989: Tikal - more pictures
Post #116     : March 17, 2012, 05:22 PM
Soooo I am back with the cover of the 1989 guide, and 6 new postcards!
"Tikal" was an instant success for Three Mountains Park, a lot more visitors came into the park in 1989.
A campground nearby, north of Three Mountains Park, announced it has to expand to be able to host all visitors, which tend to be more and more teenagers and thrillseekers.
At the same time, Hotel Marina Star was still well visited, but its heydays are long ago. More and more complaints about aging interiors came on the surface.

But for now, here's the cover of 1989:

I also found some more postcards from that and most recent years.
Let me begin with the building of "The Fate of the Stranded Strangers" (1987):

One of the scariest scenes in "Stranded Strangers":

1988 was the year when the photo for this postcard was shot - Quetzal and Condor, without Tikal in the background:

The big drop of Tikal:

Tikal with small and big drop:

And finally this night time scenery of MayaLand, as seen from a hill near Alpendorf:

Stay tuned for the next updates ;)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Hey again, time for the new update!
In 1990, the park began with its biggest expansion up to that date: "Africa Adventure", the new African / jungle themed area north of the Northern Mountain, connecting Mystery Cove with MayaLand.
1989's new ride, the shoot-the-chutes "Tikal" attracted a LOT of visitors to the park, so Trimontis decided to invest a LOT of money in new rides, vegetation and theming in the near future!

The flat ride "Wirbelwind" (formerly MayaLand) is now located in Africa Adventure - with a new colour scheme - and so far, there's basically just a long path leading to the other end of Africa Adventure.
There, TopSpin is located at a big plaza, close to the old log flume.
That's all for 1990, as I said just the beginning of Africa Adventure, but big expansions are on their way!

Here's the cover of the new brochure:

Page 10 of the brochure featured "Stars in the Park" until last year, but now they had to leave to make space for Africa Adventure:

The map designer of Trimontis retired shortly after this, btw, a new one was quickly found for next year.

That's all for 1990!

mb1.0.2

•  
  • :
  • Keepin' it Classy
Looks exciting.  I look forward to seeing your unique style applied to the African theme!

Captain EO

•  
  • :
  • Seize the future with XS
I just spent over an hour looking at all your updates. I really like the realism and your brochures are very professional. Keep up the good work!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Thanks! :)
And oops, something got f*ed up with the Wirbelwind picture, but you'll know how it looks like by now ;) Might have a pic of it in the 1991 update again ;)