Future World 1899 - Metropolis update

• 251 replies

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Re: Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura preview
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2018, 03:27 PM »
That´s really beautiful, I like the hotel Check In a lot, it´s fantastic! The colours are great and the red touch is a great idea. The ride system is innovative.

« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Great use of the new goodies, and very clever idea!

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2018, 03:15 AM »
AND now we know how fast you build... you cranked that screenshot out in a day?  Holy Moly.   Beautiful stuff as always Heth.

I think that "Future as seen from the past" is now my new favorite architectural genre.   It's like a variation on 1800's steampunk but with so many more possibilities.  Too bad you've already mastered it, I'll have to keep exploring other options :P

In barely related news, my first car was a Ford Futura.  :D

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Hehehe, it sure didn't take long for the Vintage Pack to get into this park.  It fits wonderfully and I'm sure you couldn't wait for its release  :up:

That hotel is stunning!  And I love the tie-in with the Future World concept of using the ghost train as a modern convenience.  Genius!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2018, 04:40 AM »
That idea is brilliant!! This is the sort of creativity that just begs to be explored further. You've turned a seemingly boring thing: a hotel, into a really fun idea for a ride! Great execution.

Offline Kablary

• Kuh - Blah - Ree
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55 PM »
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but the hotel lobby you posted looks like something straight out of Bioshock Infinite. Gawd-dang outstanding work!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Before anyone gets any ideas, most of that room was made before the vintage pack was released! I have the bulk of the room done but added a lot of decoration in the evening the pack was released!

I am glad people are so happy with what they're seeing. It is very much my intention to based Future World 1899 around fantastical inventions and mundane conveniences we have today, but turned on their head to make them exciting novelties.

The hotel continues to grow...

There's more than one way to check into the hotel.

For a personal touch, you can visit the reception and meet your staff face-to-face

Alternatively, you can speed up your whole process with the automatic face recognition check in!

Smile! (these dummies didn't!)

Freeze frame bonus for viewers by the way.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12 PM »
That open-cage freight elevator is gorgeous and I really like the billboard of the face recognition picture.  Is that a selfie?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Why yes, that is indeed. I've photoshopped myself into the ride vehicle.

First video preview of Hotel Futura

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31 AM »
Oh that's too good!  Excellent use of the new pack!

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Gorgeous pictures of Hotel Futura. I love your style.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline zyned

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • www.zyned.nl
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Wow, this looks awesome!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2018, 05:51 PM »
That video is WAY too much a tease.  You were playing a song I recognized, "Sing Sing Sing" by Benny Goodman, one of my all-time favorites, which I know lasts nearly 10 minutes. so I was expecting a long show.  I hope you do a complete video someday that lets that wonderful piece of music run its whole length.  Surely you've got enough stuff in that hotel to last that long.  Feel free to show the same stuff from different angles if you must, but that song must go the distance :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2018, 06:08 PM »
Wow this is super creative! Really looking forward to finding out where in the park its located too.

Offline Nimzhul

• Follow me on twitter @nimzhul
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2018, 12:46 AM »
This is a fenomenal dark ride! so fits very well in this wonderfull park. Great work!

« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2018, 01:21 PM »
That was incredible.....and as Bullethead said......I hope you do a full ride through with Sing Sing Sing as your song......there is so much detail in that hotel......simply amazing!!!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2018, 10:47 AM »
I'm thrilled by such positive responses to this ride! Given it was a bit of an afterthought for the park I'm quite surprised. It looks like this might be a bit of a dark horse.

I have another update, mainly to show of a cool effect I managed to get working in the bedroom scene (not that kind of bedroom scene).

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2018, 12:23 PM »
This is incredible! Amazing work as always!

« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2018, 02:45 PM »
What was the effect? Did the top hat move? I kept waiting for something to happen!  ;D

Seriously, WOW!  :love:

That was pretty neat! Very, very clever!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2018, 08:29 PM »
The windows opening in the bedroom was awesome :)  And again, good choice of music, Glenn Miller's "In the Mood".  But that song can last 5 minutes or more, not to mention the 10+ minutes of "Sing Sing Sing" in the 1st teaser, so I'm still hoping you'll do a full show lasting as long as those wonderful pieces of music ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2018, 11:44 AM »
The 'effect' I was referring to was that when the windows opened, a blue light as a triggered event to act as an ambient light. It's subtle, but I was quite proud!

So far the ride is 2 minutes long; a wee bit short of the 10 minutes hoped for, but I'm still going!

Hotel Futura now has a pool!

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2018, 01:47 PM »
really cool

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Considering you want a 10 minute attraction, that is spectacular! Dark rides are always great and I know any dark ride you create will be spectacular.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Well, the ride doesn't have to be 10 minutes, just the video, so the whole glory of "Sing Sing Sing" can compliment your work.  So the video can be a combination of POV and external view, just as long as the song can go 8-10 minutes :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Change Places!!!

I am very prone to changing my mind about projects and wanting to upgrade them. As I am learning Planet Coaster as I build Future World 1899, it tends to result in this project bearing the brunt of this.

I have just come back from a lovely holiday to Croatia, during which time I had a change to re-evaluate the park as it currently stands.

Several things bugged me:

1. As enjoyable as Skyrider is, the best view of it is from the side, which is essentially an unfinished side route alongside the showbuilding of the yet-to-be-started Visions dark ride.

The current 'front' view.

The preferred side view.

2. I am very proud of the War of the Worlds ride, but I am not a fan of the scenery around it and not sure of its position in the park. To be honest I placed it in the park in a haste so I could film and release it. I find the position next to Flying Ace jarring.

3. The entrance 'Expo' building, which pretty, is oversized and doesn't really do anything much.

4. I am not sure where Hotel Futura should go.

5. The current 'Airfield' land is a bit weak. The Flying Ace ride is fine, but that's about it really. It's ok but ultimately unremarkable and in its current position gets in the way a lot.

So, that's the problem, but what is the solution? In some way I am 'starting over' the park, but in reality it's not that bad. I'm rearranging structures and rides really. I will be saving the structures and do a bit of housekeeping to make the park flow better (....again).

1. Rotate Skyrider. The side view is better, so let's make that the front view.

2. War of the Worlds is going to removed from the park for now. The POV is out for people to be enjoyed, but it doesn't currently fit. Once I 'finished' the park my original intention was to do a 'story' where the park adds attractions and expands. My original plan was always to add the War of the Worlds ride as an expansion around year 10. I only changed my mind because I was really desperate to make the idea, which ultimately meant placing it in an odd and originally unintended place in order to complete a POV. It'll reappear, just not yet.

3. The old Expo building didn't do anything, but there was one building that does do something:

Though the dark ride contained within never got built (well, at least not yet) I had a fondness for this structure. My new plan is to build a far more modest 'expo building' with tickets, toilets and information further away from the central hub, and moving the 'Metropolis' building further forward. Rather than having just the dark ride in there, I loved the idea of having an indoor land containing loads of rides. I figure that this can include a car ride, the Cafe Chaos flat ride, a relocated Underground Express and the Metropolis / Visions / Revolutions dark ride within this. I am imagining these rides intertwining.

4. With Underground Express relocated there will be a lovely spot in a prime position where these rides used to be.

5. This land will be remodelled, this includes binning the current Flying Ace. I can (and will) do better, but probably under a different ride name because 'Flying Ace version 3' makes me look indecisive (I mean, I AM indecisive, but no need to let everyone on Youtube know that).

Heth :)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:10 AM by Hethetheth »

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Change Places!
« Reply #205 on: September 02, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Disneyland Future World will never be completed. It will continue to grow (and change) as long as there is imagination left in the world Hethetheth. :P

And it just gets better and better.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2018, 03:38 PM »
This. Is. Incredible.  The showmanship, the detail, all of it is stunning.  I could stare at these photos for hours and probably not see all the detail you've put into everything.  Dangit man!  I need more!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Oh my.  I love all the new ideas!  That last screenshot is breathtaking.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 03, 2018, 07:13 PM »
I am the same way. I constantly change my mind and end up having to redo huge sections to meet a certain standard that I set in my mind. Once you start with a vision, you want to perfect it so it kind of causes a chain reaction. Your work is always phenomenal, but it is always good to see a great creator be able to see things to change. Change is good and I am sure you will continue to wow us!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 03, 2018, 08:05 PM »
This is one of the most marvelous parks I've ever seen so I hope you don't totally scrap it.  Everything in it so far is simply amazing :).  But I fully expect it'll be even better after its major surgery.  I look forward to seeing the new version.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page