(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai

• 341 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai: Update (3/7/18)
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Happy Wednesday! So far this week has been a very busy week at Disneyland Resort Dubai. Disney's Hollywood Studios is quickly developing, so I hope to visit that sometime this weekend, and Disneyland Park is preparing for expansions! I visited today to not only tour the park and see crowd levels, but also preview Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas. I am super excited for all of the developments and I have lots of photos from my day.

Today was a busy day. I know there are areas letting out for spring break across the globe, and we actually are getting a good amount of guests.

One thing I noticed was that construction walls are starting to come down. New landscaping is present, and really helps blend in the main building of the new resort. The main building will be the regular rooms. I did get to preview what the view will be like, and that is coming up later in this post.

Oddly enough, a Facebook memory from last year popped up showing off the main entrance of Disneyland Park. Everything looked so simple compared to what everything looks like now.

A big rumor is that the One Man's Dream show is moving to a new theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Its replacement is rumored to be a show about Mickey. I am going to predict that this space is going to get reused for a live stage show, but who knows!

Whenever the new Main Street area was revealed, a backstage entrance was being worked on. It turns out that this is going to be a multipurpose path from Main Street to Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas and the main entrance. This will be mostly used when the park is packed and guests want to exit. Cast Members will also be allowed to use this path to enter and exit Disneyland Park to go to their respective shifts.

My drone is great for getting overviews. This is an overview of that new path to Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas, as well as the main entrance to Disneyland Park. I used this path to make my way to the new resort.

This is Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas. As you can see, there has been a lot of work done to this resort and the surrounding area. I will however say that this project still has a lot of work that needs to be done, but it is still capable of being previewed.

This was taken from a Specialty Suite. All balconies, regardless of the view, have speakers that help guests get into the Disney spirit. For those with theme park views, it is highly recommended that guests enjoy the nightly fireworks with the music playing on their own balcony. I will never get used to seeing Cinderella Castle from my room. 63 days until my "research trip" with a theme park view  :D!

After previewing what Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas has to offer, I decided to head back to Disneyland Park to check out the crowd levels. Main Street is not too bad because whenever it's hot, guests go inside where it is much much cooler!

I was walking into Fantasyland and noticed a new firing location for the fireworks. If you saw the video in the last "major" post, this will be used in Happily Ever After. Happily Ever After has been conducting tests just about every single day! We are synching up the pyro to the music, then the visual effects will come later. If things do not work out visually, Dubai will still have Happily Ever After, but just a toned down version of it.

The Alice In Wonderland mini-land is always popular during the day. I hope to bring more classic attractions soon, and I am always on guard for anything that will make designing them detailed in the most efficient fashion.

Agrabah was rather empty, but hopefully in the future all areas will be full of guests wanting to experience all that Disneyland Park has to offer.

Today was a very beautiful day to just enjoy roaming around Disneyland Park. Main Street is very calming at the end of a fun filled day. I know during my last trip to Walt Disney World, I was in Main Street for a while enjoying the music and the feeling of being back home.

Main Street is very photogenic, and I feel I can never take enough photos of it in both RCT3 and in the real world.

The famous plaque is on both sides of the archways as a way to make guests feel ready. This also serves as a reminder to cast members that the real world is absent within any Disney park. The job of the cast members is to create Disney magic and memories that will last a lifetime, while keeping in mind the four keys to a great guest experience (safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency).

I hope everyone is having a good week, and I hope to share more magic real soon!

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2018, 09:16 PM »
i love to see your story  :love: great work. i hope your firework show works out for you whit all the visuals looks like its going to be epic looking forward to it :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2018, 03:04 PM »
i love to see your story  :love: great work. i hope your firework show works out for you whit all the visuals looks like its going to be epic looking forward to it :up:
Thank you so much! Definitely a lot of needs to be done across all of my works, but I feel Disneyland Park is moving in the right direction. Disney's Hollywood Studios will open later this year in order to have everything at the highest standard before opening. I look forward to your work myself and hope to see you in Dubai real soon!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 12, 2018, 09:19 PM »
The advanced room selection poll (random name I just made), ends on Wednesday. I plan on getting some work done around all of my creations next week! Hope everyone had a Happy Monday!

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Friday everyone! I have a special treat for you all, which is two videos of the same show. I decided to record the pyro tests from two angles to help show two different perspectives of fireworks in Disneyland Park. This show will be used during special events. Please take note that the show music is not present in these videos because these were only pyro tests. I hope to complete this small show this week and have a special media party for SGW members. I hope you all enjoy!

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2018, 10:32 PM »
nice pyro show, can't wait to see the finished version :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 17, 2018, 01:53 PM »
nice pyro show, can't wait to see the finished version :up:
It has some work that needs to be done. You can obviously the lag, so I am going to have make some tough decisions. The budget set for this small show is fair because we are mainly going to use it for special events. I hope to create more videos soon because they have been fun and have added a new way to get guests ready for more!

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 24, 2018, 05:26 PM »
This is inspiring. It makes me want to get something going. Maybe one of these days.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2018, 02:29 PM »
This is inspiring. It makes me want to get something going. Maybe one of these days.
If you can dream it, you can do it. I would love for you to do more creating. I know I have loved your CSO sets and I am thinking of multiple uses for all of them. Definitely get back to RCT3 because you are a huge help!

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 28, 2018, 05:56 PM »
If you can dream it, you can do it. I would love for you to do more creating. I know I have loved your CSO sets and I am thinking of multiple uses for all of them. Definitely get back to RCT3 because you are a huge help!
Thanks. I have some ideas. Sometimes those ideas are too big for the game though.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Wednesday everyone! I would like to announce that there has been a large land purchase for the Disneyland Park property. The north, east, and west park boundaries have shifted which allows more space to add in more concepts which will be coming real soon!

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2018, 11:19 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing what additions you have planned. It's always exciting to see a Disney park add new experiences.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Wednesday everyone! I finally returned to Dubai for a few days, and Disneyland Park is getting ready to expand. This morning was pretty busy, but the weather was perfect to take photos and enjoy the atmosphere.

Things definitely changed. Some Walt Disney World veterans will scream this looks like Magic Kingdom. I will say that is one of my biggest inspirations for this park.

Unlike the Magic Kingdom, our Main Street Theater project never got cancelled or delayed. If anything, the project finished quicker than anticipated. That is one thing I wish Walt Disney World as a whole would have more of is live theatrical productions much like other Disney destinations. Dubai's Main Street Theater is always busy throughout the day. I highly recommend fastpasses when they are available.

Of course I had to take a photo of Cinderella Castle. One of the most photographed landmarks on the globe.

As soon as reached the corner of Main Street something brand new popped out. Yes! Dubai is going to have the Peoplemover in Tomorrowland. Space Mountain will also exist too, but there will be some different attractions than what guests are used to seeing in Tomorrowland.  :whistling:

I honestly got super excited when I saw the walls pushed back. Of course, there is a lot of work that needs to be done. I have a lot more planning to do, but Tomorrowland is officially coming to Dubai. It used to be just the entrance sign, and now it is becoming a reality! Once I contained my excitement, I decided to explore the rest of the park to see how crowded it really was.

The Magic Carpets Of Aladdin was pretty much a walk on. I love this attraction, so I decided to take the time to enjoy it. The breeze did feel pretty amazing!

Fantasyland was pretty empty as well. I think Main Street and the main entrance are always the most crowded... for now.  ::)

Pooh's Hunny Hunt had a 10 minute wait and Kanga's Kitchen was pretty slow. These things were very abnormal!

I walked out of the park backstage with a cast member and we discussed some different concepts. I just had to take this photo because Disneyland Park just gained a large plot of land for future expansions. I cannot wait for what the future holds for Disneyland Resort Dubai as a whole and I hope to see you all real soon!

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 11, 2018, 08:33 PM »
It's looking good. I can't wait to see more of Tomorrowland.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Saturday everyone! I visited Disneyland Park really early this morning to get some unique photos.

It was really nice to see Disneyland Park mostly empty. Only maintenance, custodians, and security were roaming the park. The background music was still playing, so it felt really magical.

Main Street is more alive at night. Cinderella Castle is a really night nightlight.

This was a very different atmosphere than the normal day. I am excited for Disney's Storybook Resort And Villas to open because guests will be able to see the nighttime magic from their balconies.

From this perspective, you can see the size of Disneyland Park and the new resort. A lot of work is currently being done with Disneyland Park and the surrounding areas.

I decided to relax in Disneyland Park until sunrise. I was relaxing on Main Street and got some snacks until the sun rose to begin another Disney day.

One last shot of Cinderella Castle before I head out for more adventures in RCT3. I hope you all enjoyed this update and I will see you all real soon!

Offline cody

• View Profile

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 17, 2018, 05:29 AM »
great to see your parks live, nice work :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2018, 03:51 PM »
great to see your parks live, nice work :up:
Thank you. The live stream last night was better than the one on this thread. I am slowly learning how to do live builds, but right now I am adjusting to it. I will continue to do full blown photo posts, but live builds will be good during weekends and whenever I want to show members what I am currently working on.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Happy Wednesday Disney fans! Today there are two live build videos scheduled. Part 1 will be a bit shorter than Part 2, but who knows where this is going to go! Enjoy!

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 25, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Just skimmed through the live stream. I see you are adding lots of curves to this park also. It's turning out quite nicely. Keep up the great work. Your building skills continue to improve with each update. Both of your projects are really going strong lately.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Anybody ready for part 2? Here it is!

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 26, 2018, 10:49 AM »
sometimes small changes are a big difference, looks very good, keep up the work :up:

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 26, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Finally got to skim through the second one. Wow you have done a phenomenal job with this. I am still blown away by the fact that it's all on one map too. I'm really hoping my park can achieve this to.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2018, 06:15 PM »
sometimes small changes are a big difference, looks very good, keep up the work :up:
Thank you so much! Lots of small changes are being put into action between all of my projects. The building level is slowly rising as more skills are learned and practiced. I have gotten different responses from designers and it really helps a lot! I enjoy hearing from others because it normally creates even more ideas.

Finally got to skim through the second one. Wow you have done a phenomenal job with this. I am still blown away by the fact that it's all on one map too. I'm really hoping my park can achieve this to.
Large Address Aware and the Park Cleanup tool have been two things I recommend to anyone who wants to create huge parks and have minimal crashing. Crashing has been very rare for me, and I am very fortunate. Things are slowly coming together. I am plotting some more overhauls that will allow more details to be added in. All in all, this project has a lot of different ways it can go. I appreciate everything you have done for me, and I am excited about your Disney destination!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 28, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Time for a live build at Disneyland Park! Enjoy the live commentary and listen to the music while I create some new magic!

Offline disneyfanjmd

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Large Address Aware and the Park Cleanup tool have been two things I recommend to anyone who wants to create huge parks and have minimal crashing.

I've heard of and often use Park Cleanup, but what is Large Address Aware and what does it do?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 30, 2018, 01:07 PM »
Monday live stream with live commentary!

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) Disneyland Park Lots Of Construction (4/30/18)
« Reply #327 on: April 30, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Happy Monday everyone! Today I was able to visit Disneyland Park. I did a live stream of my visit, but also took a few photos to share with you all.

The main entrance is as beautiful as ever. In June, we celebrate one year of operation. I still cannot believe how different this entire project looks compared to when it first started.

Considering today is Monday, I knew the park would not be as busy as it is during the weekends. Classes are starting to end, so that may be a different story within the next month. Cinderella Castle always makes my day though.

Both Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios are seeing refurbishments. Disneyland Park recently refurbished central hub to look a bit more free flowing, which gives guests some more room as a result. Work is also being completed on the side paths that are near Cinderella Castle and lead into Fantasyland. The one on the left, seems to have the most work complete so far.

Something I noticed is that the new landscaping acts as a berm. I am going to predict that something huge is coming to Fantasyland, and the Imagineers are going to hide the ride building as much as possible to not spoil the skyline.  ::)

In this overview, you can already see Rapunzel's Hair Raising Coaster is behind construction walls. Strong rumors point to a massive refurbishment of this experience, while others predict it will be re-themed and relocated. I also want to point out the water that has been added near Cinderella Castle. It already looks better than the previous bodies of water that once existed last year.

A huge addition that kind of hints at big changes are the new castle walls. Rumors are indicating that the Alice In Wonderland and Winnie The Pooh mini-lands will either be scrapped or moved to include different experiences and better theming!

The final shot is an overview of the different construction projects from behind Disneyland Park. Tomorrowland is still in the middle of being developed, while Fantasyland is being refurbished again. There is definitely a lot of work being done and still a lot on the "to-do" list. Disneyland Park will continue to evolve and change with the ever changing imagination that fuels Disney Parks. I hope to see you all real soon and be ready to unlock the magic within!

Offline Captain EO

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Wow so much exciting things happening all at once. I look forward to the continuing refurbishments. Especially on the Rapunzel coaster.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Happy Saturday everyone! The header says it all! It is time to reveal what has been done at Disneyland Park within the last few weeks (mostly today). This morning I arrived to a very crowded entrance because the park was not open yet for the day! Disneyland Resort Dubai is getting ready to turn one next month, and many changes are happening to celebrate!

Lately, there have been numerous path refurbishments to eliminate the unnecessary curbs. There have been many guest complaints about them, so many have disappeared.

One Man's Dream still continues to be the first destination for guests. New additions were on my must see list.

Of course, I had to get this classic shot of Cinderella Castle.

My first stop was Red Wagon Pretzels. I got a salted Mickey Pretzel with cheese. One thing that Dubai is working on, is getting more snack carts. During the heat of the day, the most popular items are the cold snacks.

The Red Wagon Pretzel cart is by the Plaza Gardens Restaurant. The other new snack carts are located within the central hub for easy access before, during, and/or after any spectacular.

At Main Street Drinks, I got myself a Powerade because it was very hot. There are sodas and juices available, but if you are familiar with what the snack carts offer at the other Disney Destinations, there isn't much difference.
At Main Street Sweets, guests can get different candies and even small cakes and cookies! If you are familiar with the dessert options at the other parks, Dubai has something similar. The Mickey Brownie was very good!

Luckily, Fantasyland was filled with cast members doing last minute preparations. I was just too excited to wait for guests to catch up.

Using my drone, I got this photo of what is now Mickey's Philarmagic. This is my favorite 3D show at Walt Disney World, so I am excited that it is now performing in Dubai!

This area has not changed much. A majority of the work in Fantasyland has been with the pathways, but there are some experiences coming real soon!

This area is something new, yet familiar. Winnie the Pooh is coming back to Dubai! Currently, Pooh's Hunny Hunt is under construction. Kanga's Kitchen is back!

A new addition to Fantasyland, is the new stage show My Friends Tigger and Pooh. One thing Dubai is wanting to do, is add more shows and attractions. Fantasyland is going to have many shows in the future to help soak up the crowds. The path color in this area reminds me of some of the paths in Tokyo Disneyland, which is a Disney destination that is on my bucket list.

This overview can be compared to others. I know this is the best version of Fantasyland that Dubai has had so far. Back in the day, Fantasyland was all over the place. I will present the story line once the area gets more developed because it is rather interesting and will tie into Disney's Storybook Resort and Villas.

Another overview, but looking the opposite direction.

As more and more guests moved through Main Street, I decided it was time to head out of Disneyland Park because I know it is only the start of a busy summer season.

I hope you all enjoyed this update. There are many stories coming real soon!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:00 PM by cody »