Palisade Park

• 96 replies
Palisade Park
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Howdy..........back in the Planet Coaster saddle so to speak, with a new park. I'm attacking this one much the way I did Fairfield Lakes.....which I released yesterday in the Workshop. Pathways laid in first, then coasters, then rides.....seems to work for me......though this park is going to be MUCH smaller and somewhere in the level of detail between Mystic Point and Fairfield Lakes.....anyway.....here's the overview.....and if you haven't already checked out Fairfield Lakes in the Workshop, I'd love to know what peeps think of that park.[/size]Cheers!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:14 AM »
Yay!  I really like your stuff and am glad to see you're getting right back into things.  I'll be checking out Fairfield Lakes this weekend.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 03:37 PM »
It has begun!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 11:02 AM »
All the rides are placed (coasters haven't been built but the stations are in place). Onto the next step!

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Tried this approach myself, works like a charm!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 07:29 AM »
When you said Palisade Park, I had visions of the classic New Jersey park that closed in 1971!

This looks great! Can't wait to see what you do with that mountain in the lower right.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10 PM »
WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING, BUT CAN'T HELP BUILD A COASTER OR TWO....

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Look ma! More Coasters!

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 01:49 PM »
More progress!

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 01:53 PM »
And not an overview

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 03:10 PM »
It's cool to see all your planning on progress, but I can't wait to see a finished area  :P  definitely looks like it's coming along pretty well, though. I really like the boardwalk, at least from this far away  ;)

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 09:17 PM »
This is starting to look very interesting.  Can't wait to see the details.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Thx for the kind words. Thought I'd show off some of the coaster layouts....no theming as of yet, but you can see where things are headed.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 02:45 PM »
I love the way you've shaped your terrain and rides together, especially on that rapids ride, and on the suspended swinging coaster with with the log flume behind it on that one shot  :love: Looking forward to seeing the theming, particularly on the various bridges and crossovers

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 04:54 PM »
^ I agree, the terrain work here is awesome! I really like it around the raft ride. :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 02:40 PM »
Decided to make custom ride signs for all my rides.......

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 08:10 AM »
Beautiful track layouts, you clearly have all of the coaster skills that I am lacking.  Can't wait to see them with their theming.  And in your previous update, 2nd from the last picture:  I freaking LOVE how your tracks cut into the mountain without taking away from the nature itself.  Beautiful.

Question:  Is that a normal length/height for the vertical drop on the dive coaster, and could you show a closer view of how it comes out of the dive?  I was thinking of building one soon and this photo would make a great source of layout inspiration.

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 10:26 AM »
The dive coaster has a 207 foot lift height. I will post  closeup pic later when I launch PC. When it dives underground there is a slight right turn to bring it up into the tallest dive loop.

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Here's the close up, I drew a line to show the track underground so you can see how it connects.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 04:50 PM »
This is starting to shape up nicely. Those coasters look insane. :o

And do me a favor and separate your pics with spaces. It looks so much better than having them all bunched up together. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2017, 06:46 PM »
Love those coasters!

Since I'm such a stickler for authenticity, may I humbly make a suggestion? The place was called Palisades Park. You should put a "S" at the end!

Offline TheMKGames

• I <3 MACK Rides
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2017, 08:15 PM »
There's going to be buildings, trees and themes in this park, right?

Spoiler (hover to show)
The duck says, "MACK!"

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 03:27 AM »
Yes there will bldgs etc in this park, it's not a recreation of Palisades, so no S necessary, and yes SG, I will put spaces between my future photos.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Howdy. Finally am able to play PC again. So I've decided to pick up Palisade Park that I was working on last August. Look for more frequent updates, but for now, enjoy.

[/img]

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 02:41 PM »
Forgot to attach the pics...whoops.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Welcome back, Lux!

I was gone myself for most of the time you were, and I've found that PC has changed a lot since then.  There are all the DLC packs with their hundreds of new parts to get acquainted with.  Then there are several new game mechanics to come to grips with, the most annoying of which is that now you have to buy vendors separately from their shops.

Anyway, glad to see this is back alive and look forward to seeing more!
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2018, 01:25 PM »
Howdy. Some more work on the entrance area past the main gate. I call this aesthetic...mish mosh eclectic.

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2018, 01:26 PM »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 04:01 PM »
In case you've forgotten, as I had after a similarly lengthy absence, you can hide the game's GUI by hitting RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT SHF + G :D
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2018, 11:55 AM »
Glad to see you back and working on this again.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot