SGW Screenshot Tournament

SGW Screenshot Tournament
SGW's very first cross-platform, multi-game tournament has begun! Enter in up to 5 different divisions...
 Planet Coaster: Rnd 2,   RCT3: Rnd 2,   Parkitect: Rnd 1,  NoLimits 2: Rnd 1, and Theme Park Photography: Rnd 1.
Click HERE for full details.

City Park by AemJaY (renamed Winter Challenge 18 Park)

• 33 replies

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
City Park by AemJaY (renamed Winter Challenge 18 Park)
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:17 AM »
HI all and welcome to Swiss Valley.

This is the final Thread but unlucky not the final Park. I didnt had the time to finish up my Park, excpectally the last Attraction i did not finished, but i will definitly finish it, because i love this park. I love the Park and the competition so here is the actual presentation of my Wintercompetition Park 2018!

Welcome to Swiss Valley, your local Fun Park! We build up a new entrance including a bus stop nearby.

When you enter the park and go to the left, you will find the tropical werlyrig and some fountains.
Also you will find a little plaza next to the flyby ride, with some food and drink shops and also toillets.

Another view of this area.

On the right side of the entrance you will find our two big players of attractions. You see the fully redesigned Blue BIrd. OUr signature Attraction Woodencoaster. The new track looks way smoother and is fittin perfect in the park. our engineers have done a really great job.
And there is also the new go kart track with its building from the start. we didnt changed the building because we want to keep something from the beginning.

Another view with the plaza on the left and Bluebird in the back.

behind the gokarts another small plaza found its place, with some shops and the Kickföip ride. this section is around 80% finished because the last attraction is still in development..

View from the gokart track to the entrance, isnt that beautiful?

In the last screenshot you see the unfinished last attraction called Adventure ride.
We didint managed to finish it till deadline sry for that. but we can show you a little teaser what it will be when its finished, hope you like it. (This attraction i will finish after the contest thats for shure)

So this is it till now! Last but not least here is the Park file that you need for your visit! I hope you like what you see!

Link to the Workshop file:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1312946081
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:42 AM by JayBlastOne »
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter!
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline Salad Fries

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: jaY - nf - Winter Comp. Tier 2 - Swiss Valley
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:05 AM »
Your park looks great! I can't get over how awesome your go kart track is! (that terrain work is spectacular!)

Also, though its not finished, your new adventure ride has a spectacular layout! Idk if you plan on posting an update once its finished, but i'm really excited to see how it turns out :)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Your park looks great! I can't get over how awesome your go kart track is! (that terrain work is spectacular!)

Also, though its not finished, your new adventure ride has a spectacular layout! Idk if you plan on posting an update once its finished, but i'm really excited to see how it turns out :)

thnx salad. but i definitly will finish this park :) maybe do a little expansion iam not shure. but i will finish the adventure ride :)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Looking great man!  Was awesome competing against you.  Good luck!

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Good job Jay!
The adventure ride looks quite promising, such a shame you couldn't fully complete the park, but I'll be following any further updates
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Offline FCP-Rug

• I'm batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Nice Jay, I loved the queue theming and cover of Bluebird and I look forward to seeing that colossal dark ride finished. The area should look great with that adventure theming and transitioning into the area via the SKYACE was a great choice! Bet it will be really great!
Always be yourself...unless you can be batman!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 12:41 AM »
Looking great man!  Was awesome competing against you.  Good luck!

thank you and i give the same back to you :)

Good job Jay!
The adventure ride looks quite promising, such a shame you couldn't fully complete the park, but I'll be following any further updates

Well my problem was, i had this idea to late :D otherwise maybe it would be finished, but hey. i have some work to do :)

Nice Jay, I loved the queue theming and cover of Bluebird and I look forward to seeing that colossal dark ride finished. The area should look great with that adventure theming and transitioning into the area via the SKYACE was a great choice! Bet it will be really great!

Yeah i need to transofrm the skyace section to the new adventure part. maybe i will build the whole left side into adventure section of the park we will see :)

I will all keep you postet here :) maybe i will rename the project after the competition is done ;)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 01:57 PM »
It looks great. I will be visiting all the parks in the coming weeks to see what you guys in my tier have done.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Challenge #5 Score - 7pts

You added some really nice things to this park for this final challenge. I bus stop was a really nice addition. And you re built your Bluebird coaster and greatly improved it. It was a shame you didn't get to finish the new attraction you began, as it looked very promising. I thought your park had excellent landscaping and the terraforming you did to the Go-Karts was top notch. Your fountain centerpiece is probably my favorite from all the entries. A couple problems kept this from getting higher marks. The dead end with the KickFlick did not look good and was poorly planned. The night lighting was not very inspired, as you just cloned the same lamp post throughout the park. And of course, you didn't finish. But this park improved so much from the early challenges, and I want to thank you for sticking through to the end.

I awarded this Runner Up for Challenge #5
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Here are my comments on this entry

The bus stop outside the park was a nice detail to add. I think the work you did on the Kart track made it my favorite track layout from all the entries. That tracked/dark ride you were trying to add looks like it would have a lot of potential and the scenery on the outside of the building was very promising…too bad you couldn’t finish it. I would still like to see you finish that up and update everyone later on. While your park has an overall basic type look and feel it all works well.

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 02:42 AM »
Very charming park, jaY :)

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 05:09 AM »
There are some really great parts in this park. I love how the Go Kart course and the wooden coaster standing beside each other. The whole pathway layout is very good and  the foliage  looks very alive.The open roof section on the GoKart station is great and I like the q-line parts of the Woodie
What I love the most are the realistic facility and street details. The Bus stop is a brilliant idea and the park deck is amazing too. The plane is a simple but very effective detail for that kind of flat ride. And it´s very realistic that a park like this got a old plane for the theme instead of high level details.
I would love to see this park finished some day. It´s def one of your strongest works until today espacially the unfinished Adventure ride

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Muserato

• Alvaras wippi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 06:42 AM »
Too bad this park is unfinished, there are some excellent ideas here that just need a tad more polish.  Sadly we are focusing on what was done after challenge 4, and that was not much.  Can't wait to see the dark ride completed.

Bus stop at entrance +
Nice job on the gardens at the entrance, it’s pretty and quaint +
Small shops are great +
Bluebird queue is nice, but could be improved with additional sun protection for the upper section.
The coaster itself is good, but the angle of the lift hill makes it look unrealistic
The new layout of the karts is nice, and the terrain around it, the queue needs help.
The flyby looks great with the stuff around it. +
The kick flip is way too far from the main path
Too bad it’s unfinished
No park music -
Lighting throughout the park is done pretty well (except for the unfinished part, but that’s understandable)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 01:18 AM »
Wow! Thank You all for this big and very helpfull feedback guys!
I will definitly work on this park. i still have some ideas in mind, and its my first ever park with a "realistic" entrance, so i will continue to build.

I totally understand all your critisism points! and i agree, there is still a lot of work to do :)
But as i sayd i will continue!
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 05:58 PM »
I've already talked about how much I liked your go-karts and the station for your wooden coaster, when I got into the park I noticed the theming on the whirly rig, which was more than anyone tried to do with that ride.  I kind of wanted to see that level of theming on your kick flip as well, and maybe even carrying the water-feature thing through the park a bit.

I think I'm in the minority when I say I liked your first park entrance a little better... the way it faced to the side and had a non-typical roof thing going on, sort of rustic-modern. 

I dinged a couple people who didn't have park signs, you were one of them, sorry.   Otherwise the biggest negative standout for me was the pathing off the entrance... too much narrow path and 90 degree angles gave that area a very RCT3 look.  I'm thinking now that those may have been the paths that came with the park...  anyone who got rid of those made a smart decision :)   Lots of un-edged paths was frustrating to see because I know it's one of your strong points (hence the aforementioned retaining wall between the go-karts and the kick flip.) 

Sounds like you plan to continue, at least enough to finish that dark ride and I can't wait.  The size of the building is going to present a theming challenge inside and out and I'm anxious to see what you do with it.  I can see how you weren't able to finish; it's a very ambitious project but I loved that it used up every last bit of park space.   (Except maybe for that dead zone next to the kick-flip...  a few more trees and landscaping to fill up that open grass.)  I would suggest finishing the park as though you were still competing... make that big dark ride exterior into a focal point of some sort and you'll be on your way.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 11:00 PM »
Thnx JP for your feedback. i a gree in every point with you. but, i dont have a park sign? o.O OMG i think i deleted it and didnt noticed. damn ahahaha. so i think i will get a new oen then! I will definitly continue the project yes, and i have some ideas how to fill up the Darkride :)

So just keep an eye on this park, there will soon be some updates :)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: City Park by AemJaY
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 12:40 AM »
Hey there SGW Community

After a bigger break then i expected, the jaY is back. And as i told you iam now working on on this park. Why? Because over the whole Winter Competition i was working so hard on this park, and i still love it. So after the break iam full of new ideas that i will show you over the next few weeks/months maybe years ;)

RESTART HISTORY:

The SW Investment Group had the chance of buing more space to expand the Park. So they first got the land to the right side. That mostly doubled the size of the whole park. So a lot of space was goten for new rides and stuff. The Management also had a talk with the city, and they achived a huge goal! No more restriction in heights for new Coasters!

So the work now can start!

to reach the new area, some ways need to be redesigned. First they agreed that the Queline of Bluebird needs to be renewed and replaced. So there was a new plaza with a Stairway over the Gokart Track into the new area! The Second way into the new are was trough the plaza in the back where the Kickflip is located (maybe you remember).

After the security checks of the new ways where done, the work of the new are has started. The Investors had a new Coaster in mind. so after long talks the Wingrider gots the deal! And with the no limitation of heights the ingeneurs have done epic work. SO after Weeks of building, the new Layout and the new coaster finally gots its place. BLACK EAGLE was born:

thats it for today. All that new stuff i was creating during my (german) Livestream on sathurday morning. Maybe i will do some sppedbuild Videos in the future, or just some cinematics we will see. I hope you like this update!

cheers jaY.
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: City Park by AemJaY
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 11:28 PM »
small update from yesterdays work. maybe i need to relocate the station a bit, so i have more space for the switchtrack and the breakrun.

// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: City Park by AemJaY (renamed Winter Challenge 18 Park)
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 02:41 AM »
hey there forum friends. another update is here from our city park!
We continued the build of the new coaster. this time we build the whole queline. the queline is now maybe 80% finished also the station building. next time we will focus on the detail work around the station and the queline. here some pics for you. hope you like it!

// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Great looking low profile rock work

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Nicely flowing coaster and landscaping, too.  Although I agree with Wowman, those finely layered redbeds are very impressive.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 03:57 PM »
I think this is your best coaster yet. And I love the queue area and rock work. Glad to see you're back working on this park again.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Nicely flowing coaster and landscaping, too.  Although I agree with Wowman, those finely layered redbeds are very impressive.

I think this is your best coaster yet. And I love the queue area and rock work. Glad to see you're back working on this park again.

Great looking low profile rock work

Thank you thank you thank you! All three of you. And yes shy i agree with you i think it is my best coaster till now :)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 01:31 AM »
Well this morning i had an idea, so i need to work again otherwise i will miss the idea maybe :)
I finished up the Queline ob Black Eagle, so next up will be the surrounding of the Coaster. First Shop is placed, the whole area would bi an American themed Western style thing.

So iam a huge Fan of steam locomotives. so i need one of those steam horses from Wings and Strings. an di put it right at the entrance of America section i think it fits perfect :)

And if done also a lot of fence work. Hope you like the small update of todays work :)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 05:27 AM »
Wow Jay, I think you would've won a few more challenges with work like this!  The theming and pathing is great, and from what little I know of coasters that one looks excellent.  I love the theming on the turnaround out of the station and the train is a nice touch.

And yes, "City Park" is a much better name than "Winter Challenge 18 Park."  :P

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Wow Jay, I think you would've won a few more challenges with work like this!  The theming and pathing is great, and from what little I know of coasters that one looks excellent.  I love the theming on the turnaround out of the station and the train is a nice touch.

And yes, "City Park" is a much better name than "Winter Challenge 18 Park."  :P

Thank you JP! Well i learn a lot during all the challenges, and now iam back at work with new sections and some ideas in mind, so i hope it will pay off :) in this section of the park there will be a lot more to see soon i hope. And maybe some more Trains from wings and strings haha i like them a lot!
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline Zurg

• BMO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 01:20 PM »
Glad to see this one back Jay!
The new additions look quite promising, can't wait to see where this ends up
Check EUROPA GARDENS in the parks section!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 10:18 PM »
So yesterday evening if done some more work on the new park section.
The Food Court is in its final place and now the theming needs to be done.
It will have the look of a small western town at the end i think :)

And if also done a little work on the entrence over by the stairs into the new section. Hope you like it.

// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 01:03 AM »
Hey forum folks!

Here iam with another update. Yesterday on my normal strema day i was playing Planet COaster so thats why i have a lot of work done, and here just for you some screenshots of the actual park. i finished (well around 80%) the small Western Village, it still needs some more details. And it also needs a drinking stand!

then i put down some more rocks, at the coaster. this time around the vista point on top of the tunnel. so the entrance and the end of the tunnel got its final shape. so now the interior of the tunnel needs some light works. but this effect i will maybe add later, because iam not that good at sequenzer and stuff. and there is still a lot of work in this section.

thats it for now. my next stream will hapen this thursday 7 PM (Europe time) but it will be in german. well you can ask me anything in english but the main language will be german, but if someone wanna hope over and say hi would be cool.

// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 07:54 AM »
Looks nice!

What sort of problems do you have with sequencers?  I'm sure many folks here can help you with that.  But we need to know what final result you have in mind.  I'm guessing you want the effects to go off when the coaster enters the tunnel, but still be a display that attracts peeps to watch on top of the hill.  If that's the case, then I think you could probably do it like this:

1.  Have a track trigger on the coaster as it approaches the tunnel entrance.

2.  The only thing that this coaster trigger does is set off a display sequencer located behind a rock on the hilltop.

3.  The display sequencer then fires all the effects around the tunnel entrance with little or no delay.

4.  You have a "point of interest" on the path atop the hill looking at the effects fired by the display sequencer.

So, I _THINK_ this would provide the following:  For the coaster, the effects would look exactly the same as if they were set off directly by the coaster instead of the display sequencer.  And the coaster would still get the scenery benefit of having a triggered event.  Meanwhile, up on the path, the point of interest would attract peeps to watch because you're using a display sequencer to fire effects, which will attract peeps and get them to look in the right direction at the right time.

I'd experiment with this in a separate "laboratory" test park to make sure it would work like this because I've never tried this myself.  In fact, I'll go experiment now because this sounds cool ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page