Trondheim Underholde

• 13 replies

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Trondheim Underholde
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:55 AM »
Welcome to Trondheim Underholde, Norways Premium Theme Park.

The Park started in the late 90s with only a few attractions. When they added Vanguard One, their Intamin Megacoaster in 2000 things got rolling for the park.

They decided to add a new Land called "Brygge" where you can find the Pepsi sponsored Watercoaster and a swinging Ship.

In 2005 they decided to work with Intamin again and put in an accelerator Coaster called Rooaaar!.

In 2007 they added their last major Ride for a long time. It is called Saggbruk Roller and its a GCI Wooden Roller Coaster.

Besides their rides being a huge success in the coaster community it became silent around this park. After losing money through the years because of bad management the park got sold in 2015 to the Mortensen family who refurbished the rides and theming around the area. In 2017 they went all in and built the worlds first RMC T-Rex Coaster, replacing the old Vekoma Boomerang.

This Ride boosted the Park to new heights and being a big Fan of Phantasialand over in Germany Mortensen decided they wanted something like Taron. So they made Plans for a Viking themed area and got with Maurer & Sons a partner who built the new for 2018 double launched Coaster "Varulv".

Currently they started the build of a hotel to attract more Families to stay longer at the park.

Re: Trondheim Underholde
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 05:26 AM »
So much to see at once...  really love the queue around the GCI, the lighthouse, and the Viking architecture.  Adding this to my watch list for park downloads, this looks like a fun park visit.

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:37 AM »
thank you JP! i hope i can post lots of updates here till this is finished

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 07:09 AM »
thank you JP! i hope i can post lots of updates here till this is finished

Wow, very nice!  It already looks finished ;)

From the story you wrote, this seems like a real park, but I could not find it on the internet.  So is it a real place or your invention?
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 07:21 AM »
its my own imagination. but some places are inspired by tusenfryd

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 10:50 AM »
I love the look of the coaster station in that last screenshot. I'd love to see a better shot of it at ground level. The park as a whole looks very nice. Welcome to SGW.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Mikikiwasha

• Aka. SilentMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 07:25 PM »
matejakezman, welcome to the forums! It's so cool seeing the entire park now as opposed to the individual screenshots you've been showing (honestly, I didn't realize this was all the same park. Gj me :facepalm:) I'm gonna try and give my thoughts on your park, kinda screenshot by screenshot, take 'em or leave 'em. Honestly, you're going in a good direction with the park and I can't wait to see what you do with it (I can't wait to see how you do the hotel).

From the overview you can see that the park is unfinished, so I know there's more to come. That being said, there's a couple things I notice. First, as far as I can tell the park seems kinda coaster heavy and flat ride light. I might suggest throwing in a few flats over on the left side of the park to balance things out. Also, the trees are really colorful. While it looks nice, I'm not sure how realistic it is to have that many colors on the trees outside of autumn. Keep it if you like it, but consider toning down the color scheme and being more selective in your foliage palette.

The hyper looks real nice. I love its up front presence. The high-speed turn at the bottom of the drop is very picture-esque and well crafted; I can imagine people taking pictures there everyday as they walk into the park.

The park entrance seems small for a park of this size. I'm not sure if it needs more gates, but it could stand to be more grandiose; the building next to it looks more interesting. I'm also confused; it looks like the lockers are on the outside of the park. Is that a thing? If it is, fair enough, but it's a strange thing.

The water coaster is probably my favorite thing in the park, with that first picture being my favorite picture here. I don't know what it is, but it really clicks with me. The airtime hill looks sweet and I love how it's Pepsi sponsored. The lighthouse is pretty cool too, though I'm not digging the red light above the door.

I love Rooooaaar!. The station theming looks good. Just wish we saw more of it.

Ok, this is probably the best thing you've done in the park: a custom supported GCI. Not only does the layout look super sweet from what you've shown (I especially love the double up/down through the station), but the supports really sell that this is a GCI. I can't imagine how much time and energy was put into the supports. I want you to know that all that effort was not for naught; congrats. You dun good. (One small nitpick: the footbridge by the coaster doesn't have any railing. I hope no one decides to get acquainted with the coaster and fall into the lake.)

The stage looks kinda unfinished, so if it is great, but if it isn't I have a couple suggestions. Unless it has a purpose, I'd get rid of the space between the stage and the seats; there's no reason to make everything so far apart. Also, perhaps add some kind of building detail at the entrance to the seats. Right now it just goes straight from path into seats; some amount of detail, border, or separation would set the two apart.

The T-Rex looks very nice (and excuse my ignorance, are those custom supports? If so, they're very well done). I don't have much to say here, except that a couple transitions look a little wonky, maybe a little snappy. Not a big deal though; it's a nice ride.

Varulv looks nice, though I have one issue with it (and it might be a me thing). I can't tell if it wants to be jank or wants to be well-themed. I know you've put some effort into it, but it's not resonating with me. Also, that tower looks like someone kept stapling walls to it to see what stuck, and the roof looks less viking more alpine. I know you've put a lot of work into the station (and the park as a whole), so it makes me feel bad that I don't like it, but that's what I think of it. If you like it, keep it. I'm just a schmuck.

One last thing, and this is about your presentation instead of the park itself. I appreciate that you wanted to show off the whole park, but I'd recommend splitting your presentation into multiple updates, each one focusing on a different area of the park. I'd love to see the different coasters focused on, I want to see the car ride, I want to see the little things in the park like restaurants and seating areas, etc. Also, while it looks nice, when every picture is during dawn/dusk, it's kinda off-putting. I'd recommend taking more in full daylight and saving the low sun for beauty shots. I hope to see more from the park; it looks good and I want more.

Finally, again, welcome to the forums. We have cookies. :P
Damn, that's a lot of text. I hope this is helpful and not just words.

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 11:55 PM »
Thx Shyguy i appreciate it. i may post some more pictures of the station in the next update!

Silentmember thx for all the feedback. Here are my thoughts of it:

Yeah the Park is very coaster heavy your absolute right but its hard to find unthemed/small flatrides that fit. i take your suggestions here and try what i can do. The tree colors dont bother me. I guess i'm going with "it'sautumn" here.

The Mega is supposed to be a Parking lot coaster but surrounded by trees. Its absolutely meant to be picturesque so i did right here :D (and it has lots of custom supporting too)

yeah the entrance might be a little small but its not finished yet. On the left there will be another building with the station for the Hotel transit so this will add something to the entrance. Yeah the lockers on the outside may not be the greatest idea since you have to o outside to get something from there but thats something the old park management did i guess.

Yeah i like the wharfi area with the water coaster too it looks realy nice with just a simple support structure there.

I can do more Updates on roar maybe a small video (if i manage to do this) because the lights there are triggered.

Yeah the GCI is the thing i'm most proud of eventhough it misses diagonal supporting (yet). the Queue and the bridge arent finished yet i will add some railings i promise :P .

The stage was the last thing i did so its a bit wip. Thxs a lot for the tips i need that feedback on stuff like this since i'm more a coasterguy. The space between stage and seats is for some shows (aka there is a path so entertainers can do something ingame). I try to do some sort of entrance building or arch there of course.

Yep the T-Rex is about 90% custom supported. This coaster was actually the thing that made me start the park.

Well Varulv was the "taron" try. so they were like "lets do a cool station and put some rocks around the track and call it themed". Its not 100% finished yet. Yeah i'm totaly with you on the tower it looks more spooky/alpine than viking. Maybe i can do more to it if i find any inspiration. The thing that bothers me about the station is that it has to be so huge, but thats because of the coastertype, since i wanted two trains and you cant block it.

I think I make smaller updates in the future now how you suggested it. I just wanted to show what i have so far in my first post. It would be cooler if i built the park "historicaly correct" but since i started with the T-Rex i had to think about the story about it later (So it doesn't all make sense :D )

Finally thanks a lot for the Feedback. I was actually around this forum in the good old rct3 net on days but i lost my account. I followed you guys here again from the first day of Planet Coaster and finally wanted to make a post too now.

One last thing: all the norwegian words and names are from google translate so yo may correct me if they are wrong  :up:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:12 AM by matejakezman »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 09:16 AM »
This is beautiful!!

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 12:26 AM »
So no major things done in the park but you get another small update with a few shots of the park.
another shot of Varulvs Station

The carousel got a cover

some scandinavian buildings

Pepsi Plunge testing

a kiosk and the tower of the flying area

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45 AM »
nice looking stuff here. is that carousal skin on the workshop??

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 11:45 AM »
its not on it yet do you want it to be there wowman?

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 12:01 PM »
its not on it yet do you want it to be there wowman?
Yes - I may be able to use that in the park I'm building that my friend dreamed up (see the Enchanted Lake thread)
He has a ride that looks a lot like this.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20425.0.html

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 06:57 AM »
Yes - I may be able to use that in the park I'm building that my friend dreamed up (see the Enchanted Lake thread)
He has a ride that looks a lot like this.
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20425.0.html

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1362986142

there you go