Icterine // B&M Floorless Coaster // Update 2: Station + Surrounding Areas

• 2 replies

Offline Crisps

• Posts once a year?
    • View Profile
Icterine:
(Noun)

• A color, described as yellowish, jaundice-yellow or marked with yellow.
  • (zoology) Of or pertaining to the Icteridae family of passerine birds

Well, well, well... It has been a hot minute since I posted anything around these parts. Fairly sure most of you don't even know who I am. Oh well, not much to know. I've been around since 2007, but stopped posting content consistently about five years ago.

Any-who, I've had this game since beta and I figured it was high time I posted something for once. My PC isn't the greatest, so I decided to start working on a new ride rather than continue working on a park determined to crash.

On to the photos:

As you can see, the surrounding area is quite unfinished. This will be the next step in the process.

This coaster took a lot of inspiration from Mantis (Rougarou) at Cedar Point. While the layout isn't exact, it definitely has some similarities.

Just a shot.

Here you can see the similarity to Rougarou's drop. Might do some adjustments to this later.

I had to throw the famous B&M interlocking corkscrews in there :)

Another look at the loop and surrounding nature.

Nice shot of the S-bend

Easily my favorite shot of the group. This coaster is already pretty photogenic.

And finally a layout shot.

Not sure how much of the surrounding area I will develop. I am going for a generic theme like you would see at most Cedar Fair Parks. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment with them! It is good to be back :D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:42 AM by Crisps »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Icterine // B&M Floorless Coaster // Initial Layout
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Good to meet you, Crisps!  And thanks for teaching me a new word.  I'll never forget it because "icterine" means "a color commonly associated with icky things like jaundice" :D

HOWEVER, instructive as that might have been, I must say it's a sadly inappropriate name for such a wonderfully tangled coaster, even if it is yellow.  That thing looks quite fun, the exact opposite of "icky".
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Crisps

• Posts once a year?
    • View Profile
Update #2:Station + Surrounding Areas

Put a few hours in today furnishing up the main area. Loving how this is turning out. Only a few more details to add and the project will be done! As I stated in the first post, this is a smaller project. Meaning I am not going for the highest amount of details, but just doing my best to make it look good with the few days I have!

I decided to take more of a modern theme rather than the standard generic. Took a bit of inspiration from Gatekeeper at Cedar Point, but my imagination definitely took off haha. I hope you enjoy.

Here, you can see the queue and the station. Love how the pond turned out. The foliage around and on the station are all from the new free update. 1.7 I believe.

Across from Icterine's exit is the gift shop. I built everything with an "open-aired" concept. I really like how it turned out.

The decorated pathway definitely helps make the coaster become more photogenic. I did make a slight change to the track here, making the break run a smidge longer. Also smoothed out the track a bit.

Further down the path, there's a bit of a camp vibe. I won't be putting a ton of energy into this area, but I also really like how this turned out. I'll add a few more pieces, maybe a building or so, but not much more.

Close up. This ride put riders right over the water. Pretty spooky.

Additional shot of the queue and station.

More twisted steel action.

Decided to throw one more in there from the pathway. I just love this angle!

This is the main plaza. There is obviously still more work to be done, but this gives you kind of an idea of what the general view is from the "park entrance".

Now that I look at it, the inside reminds me a lot of Millennium Force. But hey, it works pretty well!

Going back to the open-aired concept, you have a great view of the ride from all around the station and queue!
Replies

HOWEVER, instructive as that might have been, I must say it's a sadly inappropriate name for such a wonderfully tangled coaster, even if it is yellow.  That thing looks quite fun, the exact opposite of "icky".
Nice to meet you as well! You've got a point haha. I was going more towards the bird, but heck, either one works. But like you said, maybe jaundice isn't the best way to name this coaster haha. I appreciate the comment!

Planning on doing a night update next, then finishing off some details. After that, a POV should be coming within a week!

-Crisps