A A A A Author Topic: Shyguy's Wonder World & Disneyland Model Pics  (Read 82203 times)

shyguy

•  
  • Liked: 4342
  • Theme Parkologist
Shyguy's Wonder World & Disneyland Model Pics
Post #1     : July 03, 2008, 10:23 PM
I get a lot of requests to show the Wonder World model, so now I'm finally going to show you...ALL of it!

Over the last couple of years, I've shown you bits and pieces of it, masking areas I didn't want to show, as I wanted to wait until I built the areas in RCT3. Well, as I've pretty much decided that I'm finished with the RCT3 version of Wonder World, I might as well show you the entire model, including the 3 unfinished lands.

A lot of people don't know the exact history of the Wonder World model. Some think I made the park in RCT3 first and then built the model. Others think after playing RCT3 for awhile, came up with Wonder World, built the model, and then recreated it in RCT3.

The fact of the matter is, I build the Wonder World model many years before RCT3 was ever produced. I built it before RCT1 was made. I actually built it during my college days, just as a hobby. It took me about 6 months to build the initial version of the park. It measured approx. 32 X 40 inches... the size of a standard sheet of matboard. It was comprised of a smaller version of Expo 3000, the section of Circus Center to the left of the Loop Coaster, and Alpine Village and Catfish Cove, pretty much in their entirety.

Six months later, or so, I added a new section. Circus Center was expanded beyond the Loop Coaster, to include the Showcase Pavilion and The Plunge. And Expo 3000 was expanded to include the massive World of the Future pavilion and Super-Vision Theatre. In the RCT3 version, the World of the Future was changed to War of the Worlds. This new section was built as a stand alone model, and fit together with the original model, somewhat like two puzzle pieces.

Over the next few years, more additions were added to the model, including tearing down the Expo 3000 Space Port and moving it forward, making it nearly 50% bigger than the original, adding the Waterfront Restaurant in its place, creating a new entrance, and then adding the beginnings of 3 new lands. I'm not even sure myself how long it took to build the entire model. I'm guessing about 5-6 years, with long breaks in between each expansion.

After this, or maybe during this time, I got into computer games and discovered Roller Coaster Tycoon. I thought it was one of the coolest computer games I'd ever seen. I never believed that there were so many other people who wanted to design and build theme parks too. I played it quite alot, but never got involved in any of the forums. I didn't play RCT2 very much at all when it came out. But when RCT3 came out, boy was I hooked. And the rest, as they say, is history.

So enough talk. Here's the first pic in a whole series of pics that I'm going to begin posting. This is a never before seen photo of Expo 3000, with a sneak peek at one of the new lands, which can be seen in the far background.

Lot's more pics coming soon.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:51 PM by shyguy »
Download custom content for RCT3, NoLimits 2, TPS, & Parkitect
 at The CS Depot.

Albert Caine

•  
  • Liked: 2
Re: Wonder World Model Pics
Post #2     : July 03, 2008, 10:50 PM
Excellent shot of the model. That building to the right of the Space port kinda reminds me of Horizons from Epcot.

shyguy

•  
  • Theme Parkologist
Post #3     : July 03, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hmmm, I wonder where I got the inspiration from... ::)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:35 PM by admin »
 at The CS Depot.

lurkingposter

Post #4     : July 04, 2008, 05:43 AM
After seeing that pic I wish Wonder World was real

03gibbss

•  
  • Liked: 4
Post #5     : July 04, 2008, 01:31 PM
Looks really good, is that a china area i see there?

-X-

•  
  • Liked: 0
Post #6     : July 05, 2008, 01:53 AM
hey it's that china area new?

cause when i downloaded the park there wasn't a pagoda or something.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:54 AM by lol754 »

03gibbss

•  
Post #7     : July 05, 2008, 05:16 AM
I think so, shyguy did say theres some areas that wern't created in rct3...

Swimguy

•  
  • Liked: 9
Post #8     : July 05, 2008, 09:10 AM
Is it chineese or more alpine?.................... :-?
Is that like, clay or somthing?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:11 AM by coasterswim »
I don't even know anymore.
Check out my music!  KONIFER MUSIC

Dragster Force

•  
  • define THRILL
Post #9     : July 05, 2008, 05:56 PM
Awesome shot! I must say you make the best coaster models and rct3 projects ever! :) The chinese area does look fairly interesting. Good work! 8-)

TheSweeney

•  
  • Liked: 16
Post #10     : July 05, 2008, 10:43 PM
oriental. nice! I really like how you build this model in RCT3. Wonder World was a great park. And so was Water World. Now I sit and wait for Wild World or Wildlife World.

T_Allen

Post #11     : July 06, 2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah that's definitly some sort of Asian area.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:26 AM by T_Allen »

-X-

•  
Post #12     : July 06, 2008, 03:17 AM
wow shy guy, it's incredible that you made this in the 90's, you have a lot  of talent and skills  ;D.

I really want to see another picture! :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 03:18 AM by lol754 »

dockers

•  
  • Dungeon Man!
Post #13     : July 06, 2008, 05:26 AM
Wow, just wow. Wonder World looks astounding from that angle. There are so many little touches, like the little flowerboxes in front of the kennel, or the plaque in front of the spire. Just wonderful. I can't wait to see more!
"The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today's a great day to die."  Pre

Detweiller Park-http://www.shyguysworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228075942

Streamwood-http://www.shyguysworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB

lurkingposter

Post #14     : July 06, 2008, 05:38 AM
wow shy guy, it's incredible that you made this in the 90's, you have a lot  of talent and skills  ;D.

I really want to see another picture! :)
Trust me shyguy probably made this in the 1980's
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:39 AM by lurkingposter »

LoneWolf

•  
  • Liked: 1395
Post #15     : July 06, 2008, 06:20 AM
show us more! It looks wonderful shyguy!
Proud Member of: Dutcher's Outer Worldly Network, fun for all and all for fun!

RCT3freak

•  
  • Liked: 13
Post #16     : July 06, 2008, 06:26 AM
Wonder World Should Be Made Into A Real Theme Park.
When I get older I always wanted to own a theme park. Maby I could build the different parks of wonder world for you.
Planet Coaster brought me back from retirement!

TheSweeney

•  
Post #17     : July 06, 2008, 11:11 AM
it would be great, but really expensive. But, shy would have the model already build, and all you would need then were models of the indoor attractions.

Shyguy, about the indoor attractions, does the model have removable rooves  so that you can see the indoor attractions, or were they built in RCT3 from your mind... your great, great mind?

shyguy

•  
  • Theme Parkologist
Post #18     : July 06, 2008, 12:17 PM
Expo 3000 Pics

Okay, I'm going to start with Expo 3000, and then progress through each land.

Expo 3000 Space Port and entrance.

A slightly photo shopped view of the entrance. Notice the plaque below the flag says "Expo 2000," the original name of this land. That hints at how long ago this was actually made.

The Waterfront Restaurant, with the Sandwich Port behind. Attached to the Sandwich Port is the Laserium and the Southern Plantation Restaurant (Catfish Cove). It looks like the maintenance crew needs to do some cleanup below the restaurant's sign.

More Expo 3000 pics coming soon...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:33 PM by shyguy »
 at The CS Depot.

shyguy

•  
  • Theme Parkologist
Post #19     : July 06, 2008, 12:20 PM
Shyguy, about the indoor attractions, does the model have removable rooves  so that you can see the indoor attractions, or were they built in RCT3 from your mind... your great, great mind?
No.

That was the great thing about RCT3. I could finally build the interiors. And many of the attractions changed names and themes, to make them easier to build in game. I will point out the many differences in the model vs the RCT3 version as I post more pics.
 at The CS Depot.

LoneWolf

•  
Post #20     : July 06, 2008, 12:25 PM
wow!  Not many words can desribe this...

AMAZING!

-X-

•  
Post #21     : July 06, 2008, 12:26 PM
^^ i agree.

03gibbss

•  
Post #22     : July 06, 2008, 01:02 PM
This looks amazing, did u just start this for fun? and how did u go about creating it?

TheSweeney

•  
Post #23     : July 06, 2008, 01:47 PM
absolutely amazing... I am calling up some big name's and getting them to check this park out!!!! (jk, but it should be a real park. It just might actually give disney a run for his, i mean its, money.)

[smiley=shocked.gif]

shyguy

•  
  • Theme Parkologist
Post #24     : July 06, 2008, 02:12 PM
This looks amazing, did u just start this for fun? and how did u go about creating it?
Yes. It was just a hobby. I always loved building stuff. I started with plastic model kits, and then started making my own stuff...little houses, a village, and eventually, Wonder World.

It's built mostly out of cardboard, matboard, tempera paint, paper mache, plaster of paris, toothpicks, etc., etc. Mostly cheap materials that I had around the house. The trees and bushes were made from foliage kits, bought at a hobby store made for model train set ups.
 at The CS Depot.

LoneWolf

•  
Post #25     : July 06, 2008, 03:52 PM
hmmm...shyguy how big is it? And if it is as big as I think it is, where did you put it?

TheSweeney

•  
Post #26     : July 06, 2008, 05:09 PM
shyguy, you should really invite some big people of the industry to see this model. You could get the financing and run the park, and I would come to see Wonder World. (as long as Mr. Wonder didn't run it... he seems cranky much)

dockers

•  
  • Dungeon Man!
Post #27     : July 07, 2008, 04:30 AM
Wow, this is gorgeous. Have you ever made other models?
"The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today's a great day to die."  Pre

Detweiller Park-http://www.shyguysworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1228075942

Streamwood-http://www.shyguysworld.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB

89James89

•  
  • Liked: 200
  • Fantasy for the win!
Post #28     : July 07, 2008, 07:16 AM
It looks gorgeous. Having built just a theartre set for my A level graphics project and finding that a bit difficult and time consuming. I can only imagine how much time and effort this must have taken you.

This ladies and gentlemen is a real labour of love and I can't wait for more pictures of the other areas.

Cheers

89James89

T_Allen

Post #29     : July 07, 2008, 09:49 AM
I wish you lived near me so I could get you to buld me some Heroclix, Warhammer, and Star Wars/D&D game tables for my shop. By any chance did you ever happen to play any Miniature games Shy?

shyguy

•  
  • Theme Parkologist
Post #30     : July 07, 2008, 11:00 AM
hmmm...shyguy how big is it? And if it is as big as I think it is, where did you put it?
It's roughly a little over 5 feet by 5 feet. But it's built in sections, and fits togther like a puzzle. It's stored in my garage.

Have you ever made other models?
Yes. Read the first post in this thread for more details. Not mentioned, are recreations of a couple areas of D*********. Expect to see pics of those, coming soon...

By any chance did you ever happen to play any Miniature games Shy?
No. I never did.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:06 AM by admin »
 at The CS Depot.